Sunday, June 6, 2010

I just can't resist!

I just couldn't resist another quick post ...

The garden beds are almost blooming faster than I can take pictures ... and that goes for the vegetable garden as well!  So before it gets incredibly hot, I want to be sure that we remember how lovely it all was in May and early June...

the red cannas are bursting with blooms ... i must have at least 50
of these plants scattered around the property!


there's a huge wall of oleanders covering one of the fences!
it must be about 15 feet long and they stand at these that tall as well.
(my husband hates these - i don't know why)

The outside of the vegetable garden where I've mixed
a little of this and a little of that.
I love the New Guinea Impatients.  Their colors are so vibrant!

The Daylillies are going crazy!  They won't last long,
but I'll surely enjoy them while they're here.


Cannas, Impatients, Gladiolas, Cosmos and Roses


These will be smaller Cannas - don't know what color yet -
but can't wait to find out!  It's feels like Christmas Eve and
wondering what's inside the packages under the tree!


We have 4 apple trees, 1 pear tree and 3 peach trees!
The pears and peaches are having a little trouble ...
but the apples are doing great!!


Inside the vegetable garden.
Multiple varieties of lettuce and onions on the right ... carrots on the left. The lettuce is just about finished for the season (it's just getting too hot),
but everything else is going gang-busters!

The cantaloupe we planted from seed just two weeks ago!!

A few of the gazillions of tomatoes that will be ready soon!
I'd better get the pots ready for making spaghetti sauce...
I can use some of the herbs from my garden, too.


The broccoli is just starting to form.
Hope we can get a taste before the bugs eat it all!

And the squash and zucchini ...
holy cow, we have SO MUCH of this it's almost ridiculous.
I mean seriously, how much squash can 4 people
eat in a single day?

So there you have it ... our garden
is flourishing and we're loving every minute of it!
Hope you enjoyed the tour :)

2 comments: